Soul Source silicone dilators were created by a gynecologist and a sex therapist to assist women undergoing progressive vaginal dilation therapy. This process involves the careful, comfortable and mindful insertion of vaginal dilators into the vagina.
Silicone vaginal dilators can be used to address the following conditions:
- Levator myalgia (vaginismus)
- Painful sex (dyspareunia)
- Menopause (genitourinary syndrome of menopause, or GSM)
- Cancer treatments (including chemotherapy and radiation therapy)
- Post-surgical vaginal swelling
-Vulvar pain conditions
All Soul Source dilators are designed and made in the USA, with materials manufactured in the USA.
Soul Source vaginal dilators are made of latex-free, medical-grade silicone which makes them both smooth and resilient. Our dilators can retain body heat and are easy to care for. They resemble body tissue for added comfort. Our vaginal dilators are stable from -50 degrees to +340 degrees Fahrenheit. Our quality dilators may be chilled, used at room temperature or warmed. They are available in 8 sizes and can be purchased individually, or in pre-packaged sets.
Most women will begin dilation therapy with the largest size silicone dilator that feels comfortable to them and then gradually increase to larger sizes over time. This progression should continue until a woman is comfortable dilating to the size that can accommodate the size of her partner, or to facilitate a comfortable pelvic examination.
Silicone Vaginal Dilator Sizes:
- Size #1 (violet) 2-1/2" length x 1/2" diameter (64 x 13mm)
- Size #2 (blue) 3" length x 3/4" diameter (76 x 19mm)
- Size #3 (pink) 3-1/2" length x 7/8" diameter (89 x 22mm)
- Size #4 (green) 4" length x 1" diameter (102 x 25mm)
- Size #5 (yellow) 4-1/2" length x 1-1/8" diameter (114 x 29mm)
- Size #6 (orange) 5" length x 1-1/4" diameter (127 x 32mm)
- Size #7 (violet) 5-1/2" length x 1-7/16" diameter (140 x 37mm)
- Size #8 (blue) 6" length x 1-5/8" diameter (152 x 41mm)
Dimensions for each size are length and diameter. Soul Source silicone dilators are tapered; dilator diameters do not exceed the stated dimensions. For circumferences, please see our Frequently Asked Questions.
We recommend that you consult with a qualified health professional specializing in pelvic floor disorders for the most effective physical therapeutic benefit.
The information in this website is about a technical device, vaginal dilators. This information should not be used during any medical emergency, or for the diagnosis of any medical condition. A licensed physician should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions.